An upcoming, one-night-only musical version of “Ratatouille” has cooked up a star-studded Broadway cast.
Some notable theater stars involved in the project — premiering Friday, Jan. 1, 2021 — will include Wayne Brady (“Kinky Boots”), Adam Lambert (“Wicked”), Tituss Burgess (“The Little Mermaid”) and Ashley Park (“Mean Girls”).
The musical, which originated on TikTok when New Yorker user Emily Jacobsen — who goes by Em Jaccs — posted a love ballad to the main character of the 2007 film, which has since been stirred into something larger.
Earlier this month Seaview, the theatrical production company behind “Slave Play” and “Sea Wall/A Life,” announced the TikTok musical would become a one-time event benefiting The Actors Fund, with tickets selling for $5 on TodayTix.com.
The full cast will include:
- Wayne Brady (playing Django)
- Tituss Burgess (Remy)
- Kevin Chamberlin (Gusteau)
- Tony Award winner André De Shields (Ego)
- Andrew Barth Feldman (Linguini)
- Grammy Award nominee Adam Lambert (Emile)
- Tony winner Priscilla Lopez (Mabel)
- Tony nominee Ashley Park (Colette)
- Owen Tabaka (Young Ego)
- Three-time Tony nominee Mary Testa (Skinner).
- With Cori Jaskier, Talia Suskauer, Nikisha Williams, JJ Niemann, John Michael Lyles, Raymond J. Lee and Joy Woods as the ensemble
“Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical” will also feature original songs created by musical theater lovers on the popular social media app and will be performed by the 20-piece Broadway Sinfonietta orchestra.
The event is set to stream for 72 hours starting Friday, New Year’s Day. The beneficiary, The Actors Fund, has been supporting out-of-work performers and crew since Broadway shut down in March due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.