The Mets have gone through two whole rosters essentially this season. When it is all said and done, they might go past 60 different players. Yet, here they are with a 3.5-game lead atop the NL East. Guys are coming here and getting the job done. Marcus Stroman tossed a gem on Wednesday to lead the Mets to their 50th victory and a series win over the Reds. It’s now time to return home for an 11-game stretch that goes right into the MLB trade deadline.
To talk about the wins in Cincinnati, the upcoming homestand and what the Mets might add, we bring you a new episode of the “Amazin’ But True” podcast with Nelson Figueroa and me, featuring a chat with Darren Meenan of The 7 Line.
Amazin’ But True Podcast with Jake & Figgie:
- SERIES WIN: It was a rare stress-free Mets win Wednesday behind Stroman’s one-hitter, Dom Smith’s grand slam and Luis Guillorme’s first homer of the year. Guillorme has been terrific at the plate and is making up for his defensive blunders the other night. Mets getting the job done despite new injuries every day.
- DIAZ/MOVES: Should the Mets replace Edwin Diaz for now at closer? What should this team add before the trade deadline? Could they get Craig Kimbrel?
Nelson Figueroa Spanish Academy: Figgie teaches Sarah McCrory and I how to say “our shirts,” “fireworks” and “a lighter of Al Leiter lighting a lighter” in Spanish.
Darren Meenan Interview:
The 7 Line Founder
- THE 7 LINE: From selling shirts on his own to partnering with MLB. Having outings around the country.
- UPCOMING OUTINGS: Philly, Los Angeles and Boston ahead.
- METS RUN: They’re too close to not go for it at deadline.
Catch up on all episodes of “Amazin’ But True,” a New York Mets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Jake Brown on Twitter and Instagram @JakeBrownRadio and Nelson Figueroa @FiggieNY. New episodes are every Monday and Thursday.