The Every day Fountain Every day Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 24 September 2020 – Be A True Companion
Subject: Be A True Companion
Learn: Ecclesiastes 4:9-16 (NKJV)
- Two [are] higher than one, As a result of they’ve a very good reward for his or her labor.
- For in the event that they fall, one will elevate up his companion. However woe to him [who is] alone when he falls, For [he has] nobody to assist him up.
- Once more, if two lie down collectively, they’ll maintain heat; However how can one be heat [alone?]
- Although one could also be overpowered by one other, two can stand up to him. And a threefold twine is just not shortly damaged.
- Higher a poor and sensible youth Than an previous and silly king who will probably be admonished no extra.
- For he comes out of jail to be king, Though he was born poor in his kingdom.
- I noticed all of the dwelling who stroll beneath the solar; They had been with the second youth who stands in his place.
- [There was] no finish of all of the individuals over whom he was made king; But those that come afterward won’t rejoice in him. Certainly this additionally [is] self-importance and greedy for the wind.
Our passage at present focuses amongst different issues, on companionship. A companion is an out there assistant with an outlined relationship. He is an acceptable helper at each cut-off date. The Bible says “Two are higher than one, as a result of they’ve a very good reward for his or her labour. For in the event that they fall, one will elevate up his companion. However woe to him who’s alone when he falls, for he has nobody to assist him up”(verses 9-10).
Equally, in Genesis 2:18, the Bible says “And the Lord God mentioned, “It’s not good that man needs to be alone; I’ll make him a helper akin to him.” God is the Creator of companionship; He’s all the time inquisitive about offering serving to fingers for man and has a need to see His kids develop up in fellowship with each other. As a matter of truth, no human being can survive with out others. Even the director of an organisation wants the help of different employees together with the cleaner.
Although God established companionship for mutual understanding and progress of human beings, there are betrayals all over. Marriages have shattered as a result of one companion didn’t do what have to be achieved to foster peace and progress; friendships have been damaged due to unfaithfulness. Prophet Amos says “Can two work collectively besides they agree?” (Amos 3:3). Settlement could be very key in being a trustworthy and true companion. Decide to be a real companion in your marriage, enterprise and household, even when conditions will not be beneficial. Psalm 133:1 says “Behold, how good and the way nice it’s for brethren to dwell collectively in unity!” Be a reliable companion.
PRAYER: Pricey Lord, make me a real, trustworthy and reliable companion, in Jesus identify. Amen.