The Mysterious Power of Light By Pastor D.K Olukoya
MOUNTAIN OF FIRE AND MIRACLES MINISTRIES
SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
3RD MARCH 2019
TOPIC: THE MYSTERIOUS POWER OF LIGHT
MINISTERING: DR D.K OLUKOYA (G.O)
Anchored Scriptures: Genesis 1:1
This morning message will start with all of us singing one of the most powerful hymn because that is what we are talking and praying about. The hymn is hymn 875 (MFM hymn book; Hymn 426 CAC hymn book). That is where the message of this morning will start with because it is very powerful.
In the original Hebrew, it was not written as let there be light. It was issued with a One of the greatest asset of life is light the sun light that you see is the basis of every light on earth because the process by which plant work which scientist call ‘photosynthesis’ is light. The green plant in turn gives oxygen to man.
The only solution to darkness comes from the word of God. Jesus came in as the light of the world and human history changed.
What is light:
- Light is the natural agent that stimulate sight.
- Light make things feasible.
- Light is understanding of a problem, understanding of a mystery. That is why someone will be called and say ‘Mr man, come and shed light on this issue’
- It is enlightenment.
- Light is spiritual illumination by divine truth. No wonder Jesus calls himself the light of the world.
Our world and our light unfortunately, they are going darker and darker. Greed, violence, dishonesty, pride, wastage of life, drug problems are becoming a common place now. A lot of young people are clouded and caged now. The solution can only be found in God through His word. God’s response to darkness was to turn on the light.
The functions of light:
- Light discloses. It reveals object not seen in darkness. When light is not turned on, it immediately makes itself known. It reveals object that normally one will not see in darkness. The light will reveal what is in darkness. The light will reveal ourselves.
- Light dispels.
- Light divides. If you find yourself cohabiting with darkness, it means that you yourself; you are dark. If you see bad people are attracted to you all the time, it is because you yourself; you’re bad.
- Light directs. If you get up in the middle of the night, you need light to direct you to where you’re going. When you have a light, it directs your path.
- Light draws. Just like when you put on light, you find some insects attracted to it. When you lift up Jesus in your life everyday, you attract good things in your life.
- Light dissolves.
- Light uncovers darkness.
G.O narrates a real life incident:
Many years ago when I use to have time, a school was established in MFM called the ‘School of the Supernatural’.
When you’re coming for the program, you participate in the program by going on three day dry fast. One day, a sister joined the program and prayer session was going on. Something said she should look back; she saw a giant creature reaching to the sky. She closed her eyes and still saw the creature.
Many of us need our eyes to be opened.
She didn’t go home straight. She decided to visit her best friend. She got there and heard a loud music (song played: Jesus is there right now).
She found her friend and another guest eating rice and meat. Rice and meat was what she saw them eating but in the spirit realm what she saw was blood. They persuaded her to eat that that is the first time she refuse to eat.and they kept persuading her.
She left their midst, so sad that it took her so long she wasn’t ignorant of what she saw.
Now there is light, she now understood that certain things she ate could trouble her.
The prayer of ‘Let there be light’ is a giant prayer point. Another example is ‘Holy Ghost, overshadow my life’!
G.O narrates another real life incident.
There was a crusade somewhere, and a man of God gave a prophesy concerning a woman who has been looking for the fruit of the womb. He said he only has a message for her if she will ever conceive: she must sell all her big bags of jewelleries and sow the proceed of it to the poor or give it to God.
This woman was very angry and said within herself that someone has told her matter to that pastor. She got angry and made up her mind not to attend service there again. She went home and that night, she had a dream. A creature had a box in her hand and said ‘all you demons in this box, come out’!. To her full glare in that dream, she saw 18 carat gold rings turning into serpents and all other jewelleries in the box coming out as serpents in the dream. She packed all her box when she woke up and didn’t use them again. The following month, she got pregnant.
- Light dissolves obscurity. Darkness buries human abilities, darkness buries human talents.
- Light brings clarity. It brings understanding and that understanding is the food of faith.
- Light brings direction Psalm 119:109.
- Light brings acceleration. The difference in the speed of people is the light they have. Illumination determines acceleration. The reason some people’s joy is so sluggish is the absence of light. Association determines acceleration.
- Light brings restoration.
- Light brings distinction. It says arise and shine for thy light has come, Isaiah 60:1.
Do you want to exhibit light?
- Live a life of righteousness. Always tell the truth. Don’t remain in the kindergarten school of faith.
- You must live a life of prayer and fasting.
- You must be a bible addict. Read your Bible regularly.
- Live a focused life.
- Live in the presence of God by praying more in the spirit. Run away from friends who draw you more and more to sin.
Prayers by Daddy D.K Olukoya:
- Oh God arise, concerning my career: let there be light in the name of Jesus.
- Oh God arise, concerning my business: let there be light in the name of Jesus.
- Powers transferring strange problems into my life, die in the name of Jesus.
- Powers that has acquire mysterious power to fight me, die in the name of Jesus.
- Powers of destiny miscarriage, before I leave this place: die in the name of Jesus.
- This particular prayer, if you don’t understand it; pray it loud and clear: Any power worshipping the moon to pull me down, die in the name of Jesus.
- Oh GOD arise, overshadow my dream life in the name of Jesus.
MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE is a daily devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (General Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide)
The Mysterious Power Of Light By Pastor D.K Olukoya • NgospelMedia
TOPIC: THE MYSTERIOUS POWER OF LIGHTMINISTERING: DR D.K OLUKOYA (G.O)Anchored Scriptures: Genesis 1:1Message:This morning message will start with all of us singing one of the most powerful hymn because that is what we are talking and praying about. The hymn is hymn 875 (MFM hymn book; Hymn 426 CAC hymn book). That is where the message of this morning will start with because it is very powerful.