Angelique Kidjo Biography – Age, Awards
Grammy Award winning singer and song writer, Angélique Kpasseloko Hinto Hounsinou Kandjo Manta Zogbin Kidjo, popularly known as Angélique Kidjo was born on July 14, 1960 and she is a Beninese but resides in New York.
As a successful woman in the music industry, she has received a lot of recognition and award which includes:
- Being the first woman to be listed among “The 40 Most Powerful Celebrities In Africa” by Forbes magazine.
- “The undisputed queen of African music” as described byThe Daily Telegraph in London during the 2012 Olympic Games River of Music Festival.
- In March 2013, NPR, National Public Radio in America, called her “Africa’s greatest living diva”.
- Kidjo is listed among the “2014 Most Influential Africans” by New African magazine and Jeune Afrique .
- She is the recipient of the 2015 Crystal Award given by the World Economic Forum of Davos in Switzerland and also the Ambassador Of Conscience Award from Amnesty International in 2016.
Enlisted are some of her albums:
- Spirit Rising
- EVE etc.