The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 June 2020 – Divine Wisdom
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Divine Wisdom
READ: PROVERBS 8:22-29 (NKJV)
- The LORD possessed me at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old.
- I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth.
- When [there were] no depths I was brought forth, When [there were] no fountains abounding with water.
- Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills, I was brought forth;
- While as yet He had not made the earth or the fields, Or the primeval dust of the world.
- When He prepared the heavens, I [was] there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
- When He established the clouds above, When He strengthened the fountains of the deep,
- When He assigned to the sea its limit, So that the waters would not transgress His command, When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
Today’s passage reveals the excellent wisdom of God. It contains the wisdom of God before the creation (verses 22-26)and the creative power of the wisdom of God (verses 27-29). This wisdom of God foreshadows Christ as the creative Word that brought everything into being (John 1:1-4; Colossians 2:3). Christ is the Wisdom of God.
One of the lessons from our reading today is that the power and splendour of God, seen all around us in creation, are evidence of what God’s wisdom can do. When we belong to Jesus Christ and walk in His wisdom, all of creation works for us; if we rebel against His wisdom and will, things start to work against us. Jonah discovered this when he tried to run away from the Lord. As we see the wisdom of God around us in all created things (both visible and invisible), we owe God genuine worship and sincere reverence.
Prayer: Give me more of Your wisdom, Oh Lord.