The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 19 September 2020 – Your Times Are In The Hands Of The Lord
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Your Times Are In The Hands Of The Lord
Read: Ecclesiastes 3:1-15(NKJV)
- To everything [there is] a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:
- A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck [what is] planted;
- A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;
- A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;
- A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;
- A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.
- What profit has the worker from that in which he labors?
- I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied.
- He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
- I know that nothing [is] better for them than to
- and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor — it [is] the gift of God.
- I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does [it,] that men should fear before Him.
- That which is has already been, And what is to be has already been; And God requires an account of what is past.
Solomon continues to beautifully present the essence of the life of a natural human being, in contrast to a believer in the Lord. In chapters one and two, He had presented arguments proving that life without the presence of God was nothing but unprofitable, boringand meaningless chasing after the wind. But he, beginning from Ecclesiastes 3, started examining factors that must be considered before one can say that life is meaningful and purposeful. He saw something above humans- a God who controls time and balances life’s experiences (vs. 1-8). Then he saw something within them that link them to God – eternity in his heart (vs. 9-11).
PRAYER: My times are in Thy hand,
My God, I wish them there;
My life, my friends, my soul I leave
Entirely to Thy care. Amen