The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 22 August 2020 – Living A Risen Life Of Christ
TOPIC: Living A Risen Life Of Christ
Read: 2 Corinthians 5:14-21 (NKJV)
- For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;
- and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.
- Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know [Him thus] no longer.
- Therefore, if anyone [is] in Christ, [he is] a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
- Now all things [are] of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation,
- that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
- Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore [you] on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.
- For He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Jesus Christ came into the sinful world and lived a consecrated life; no sin was found in Him. To live a risen life of Christ means living a life of victory over sin. Our text for today opens our eyes to the essence of Christ’s coming to the world to die for our sin; He put upon Himself the consequences of man’s sinful acts and therefore put an end to living for self.
The text reveals that one cannot be a true follower of Christ until he or she has come to the point of saying no to self, to be controlled only by the love of Christ. To live a risen life of Christ means making efforts to silence the activities of flesh, to disregard self and always be at home with Christ (verse 4).
To end your relationship with the old man – the flesh – you must take yourself to the cross and be crucified with Christ; then you will become the righteousness of God (verse 21).
Beloved, we live in a world polluted with diverse ungodly activities such as robbery, murder, injustice, violenceand sexual immoralities, therefore, to live a sinless life as our Saviour lived calls for a total consecration unto the Lord. Your day-to-day victory over self is guaranteed only when you cease to live for yourself.
Apostle Paul says, “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me …’’ (Galatians 2:20). Have you come to this point in your work with God? Make a decision today and pray for God’s enabling grace to sustain you till the end in this new path of righteousness.
Lord Jesus, my Saviour and Redeemer, I bring myself before the cross this day. Purge my soul from the flesh and give me a new garment of righteousness to live a life pleasing to You. Amen.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.