The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 26 June 2020 – You Still Need Jesus
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: You Still Need Jesus
READ: John 1:40-51 (NKJV)
- One of the two who heard John [speak,] and followed Him, was Andrew, Simon Peter’s brother.
- He first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah” (which is translated, the Christ).
- And he brought him to Jesus. Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone).
- The following day Jesus wanted to go to Galilee, and He found Philip and said to him, “Follow Me.”
- Now Philip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
- Philip found Nathanael and said to him, “We have found Him of whom Moses in the law, and also the prophets, wrote — Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”
- And Nathanael said to him, “Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Philip said to him, “Come and see.”
- Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward Him, and said of him, “Behold, an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit!”
- Nathanael said to Him, “How do You know me?” Jesus answered and said to him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”
- Nathanael answered and said to Him, “Rabbi, You are the Son of God! You are the King of Israel!”
- Jesus answered and said to him, “Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’ do you believe? You will see greater things than these.”
- And He said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, hereafter you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of Man.”
Philip introduced Jesus to Nathanael. From Nathanael’s response in verse 46, one could say he was in doubt that such great manifestation could come from Nazareth. He doubted the possibility of the incarnation of Jesus via Nazareth. Yet, Jesus said of Nathanael that in him was no guile, meaning that he was righteous. However, the meeting granted Nathanael an encounter that revealed Jesus’ personality to him and he quickly surrendered.
To be a “good” person is different from knowing Jesus. To be nice and well-behaved is different from being a Christian. You could be all of that but still not know Jesus. Do not be deceived even by being born a “Christian” or by your being a Church person indeed, like Nathanael was an Israelite indeed. You still need Jesus in your life. Seek an encounter with Him and you will find out the difference.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, I need more of You in my life today and ever; Amen.
PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S DAILY FOUNTAIN – YOU STILL NEED JESUS
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank You for great and mighty things You have done in my life.
- Father in the name of Jesus, please forgive me of my sins of unbelief, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, give me a true revelation of Jesus Christ that will illuminate my spirit man, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, let the heavens over me open up and let Your blessings fall upon me, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, give me an angelic revelation that will further strengthen my faith in You, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, do something new in my life that will turn me into a wonder, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, open my eyes that I might behold wondrous things out of Thy Word, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, do greater things than I have experienced in my life that Your name may be glorified, in Jesus name
- Lord Jesus, I need You more than ever before; please abide with me till my journey here is done, in Jesus name
- Father in the name of Jesus, I choose to follow You; please lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake, in Jesus name
- Whether devil like it or not, I will make heaven and receive my Eternal reward in Jesus name.
- This is the day the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Personal and family requests.
- Confession: God bless the Church of Nigeria Anglican Communion, and bless our country Nigeria. 1 Chronicles 17:27
- Thank you Lord for answered prayers, in Jesus’ Mighty name we pray. Amen