The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 26 October 2020 – The Wicked Is Condemned To Hell
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: The Wicked Is Condemned To Hell
Read: Psalm 9 (NKJV)
- To the Chief Musician. To [the tune of] “Death of the Son.” A Psalm of David. I will praise [You,] O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
- I will be glad and rejoice in You; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
- When my enemies turn back, They shall fall and perish at Your presence.
- For You have maintained my right and my cause; You sat on the throne judging in righteousness.
- You have rebuked the nations, You have destroyed the wicked; You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
- O enemy, destructions are finished forever! And you have destroyed cities; Even their memory has perished.
- But the LORD shall endure forever; He has prepared His throne for judgment.
- He shall judge the world in righteousness, And He shall administer judgment for the peoples in uprightness.
- The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble.
- And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.
- Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people.
- When He avenges blood, He remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the humble.
- Have mercy on me, O LORD! Consider my trouble from those who hate me, You who lift me up from the gates of death,
- That I may tell of all Your praise In the gates of the daughter of Zion. I will rejoice in Your salvation.
- The nations have sunk down in the pit [which] they made; In the net which they hid, their own foot is caught.
- The LORD is known [by] the judgment He executes; The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Meditation. Selah
- The wicked shall be turned into hell, [And] all the nations that forget God.
- For the needy shall not always be forgotten; The expectation of the poor shall [not] perish forever.
- Arise, O LORD, Do not let man prevail; Let the nations be judged in Your sight.
- Put them in fear, O LORD, [That] the nations may know themselves [to be but] men. Selah
In our reading today, we can see the horrors that befall the wicked – stumbling and eradication, destruction, deletion of names forever, vanishing in everlasting ruins, snared in their own works with an end (Psalm 9:3-6, Psalm 9:17). There is no peace for the wicked; he is like a troubled sea.
Brethren, hell is real; it is not a myth but a concrete reality. Hell is a place of eternal torment and punishment for the wicked. It is a place of wrath, fury, distress, furnace of fire, wailing and gnashing of the teeth (Matthew 13:50). Your sins will take you to hell if you refuse to repent: “…Depart from me, you cursed into the eternal fire prepared for the devils and his angels” (Matthew 25:41).
Never join the jokers who say hell is filled up. Listen, hell is never full or satisfied. Hell never says, “it’s enough.” (Proverbs 27:20; 30:10). Instead, hell has enlarged its appetite and opened its mouth beyond measure (Isaiah 5:14). There is nothing like purgatory. This is the truth; God’s word is the standard and cannot be broken. Hell will accommodate all who want to be there. Only Jesus can save you from hell now you are living; no repentance in the grave! Escape for your dear life now!
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, save me now and deliver me from the torments in hell in Jesus name. Amen.