The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 26 September 2020 – You Will Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Labour
Topic: You Will Enjoy The Fruits Of Your Labour
Read: Ecclesiastes 5:8-20 (NKJV)
- If you see the oppression of the poor, and the violent perversion of justice and righteousness in a province, do not marvel at the matter; for high official watches over high official, and higher officials are over them.
- Moreover the profit of the land is for all; [even] the king is served from the field.
- He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver; Nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also [is] vanity.
- When goods increase, They increase who eat them; So what profit have the owners Except to see [them] with their eyes?
- The sleep of a laboring man [is] sweet, Whether he eats little or much; But the abundance of the rich will not permit him to sleep.
- There is a severe evil [which] I have seen under the sun: Riches kept for their owner to his hurt.
- But those riches perish through misfortune; When he begets a son, [there is] nothing in his hand.
- As he came from his mother’s womb, naked shall he return, To go as he came; And he shall take nothing from his labor Which he may carry away in his hand.
- And this also [is] a severe evil — Just exactly as he came, so shall he go. And what profit has he who has labored for the wind?
- All his days he also eats in darkness, And [he has] much sorrow and sickness and anger.
- Here is what I have seen: [It is] good and fitting [for one] to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it [is] his heritage.
- As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor — this [is] the gift of God.
- For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps [him] busy with the joy of his heart.
It is one thing to labour and toil; it is another thing for one to enjoy the fruits of his labour. No one prays for labour loss. Every person who works has a reward and the joy of every labourer is in this reward. However, our passage today points out that eating the fruits of one’s labour is a gift of God (verses 18-20).That is, it is God who gives riches to man and grace to enjoy the fruits of his labour. Man may work tirelessly to gather riches but it is God who gives success. No man has the power to keep himself alive; we all are alive by the mercy of the Lord. In Lamentations 3:22-23, the Bible says “Through the Lord’s mercies, we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.”
Beloved, it is very important for you to know that your life belongs to God; He is the Author of all things visible and invisible. You do not have any power over your life and there is nothing you can do to help yourself. It is God who prospers your labour and supplies power and sound health to enjoy the fruits of labour. Some persons die at the verge of their breakthroughs while some parents suffer loss of their children at the point of reaping the fruits of their labour. Some others are afflicted once they are promoted. The message of the Lord to you today is that you will live in sound health to enjoy the fruits of your labour, in Jesus name. You will not labour in vain.
PRAYER: Dear Father, give me long life to enjoy the fruits of my labour, in Jesus name. Amen.