NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 28 November 2020 – God’s People Always Triumph
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: God’s People Always Triumph
Read: Exodus 1:1-14 (NKJV)
- Now these [are] the names of the children of Israel who came to Egypt; each man and his household came with Jacob:
- Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah;
- Issachar, Zebulun, and Benjamin;
- Dan, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
- All those who were descendants of Jacob were seventy persons (for Joseph was in Egypt [already).]
- And Joseph died, all his brothers, and all that generation.
- But the children of Israel were fruitful and increased abundantly, multiplied and grew exceedingly mighty; and the land was filled with them.
- Now there arose a new king over Egypt, who did not know Joseph.
- And he said to his people, “Look, the people of the children of Israel [are] more and mightier than we;
- “come, let us deal shrewdly with them, lest they multiply, and it happen, in the event of war, that they also join our enemies and fight against us, and [so] go up out of the land.”
- Therefore they set taskmasters over them to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh supply cities, Pithom and Raamses.
- But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew. And they were in dread of the children of Israel.
- So the Egyptians made the children of Israel serve with rigor.
- And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage — in mortar, in brick, and in all manner of service in the field. All their service in which they made them serve [was] with rigor.
Rigour is the quality of being extremely thorough and careful. Rigour describes a condition of stiffness or strictness. It refers to a process of adhering absolutely to certain constraints, or the practice of maintaining strict consistency with certain predefined parameters. These were the conditions in which the children of Israel found themselves in Egypt after the death of Joseph, when a new king that knew not Joseph emerged. Before the new king, the children of Israel were prosperous (v.7).
Today’s text is teaching us that those whom God has blessed cannot be cursed. Their adversaries can only make their life miserable, but in the end, God’s people will always triumph. Nigerian Christians are today passing through excruciating pains from the murderous activities of Boko Haram, herdsmen, etc. Brethren, may we not faint in adversity. Read Psalm 30:5. Believers in Christ will surely triumph over their enemies if they stand firm till the end.
PRAYER: Oh God, may we always triumph over the enemy in Jesus name, Amen.