The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 9 June 2020 – The Voice Of The Lord
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: The Voice Of The Lord
READ: Psalm 29 (NKJV)
- A Psalm of David. Give unto the LORD, O you mighty ones, Give unto the LORD glory and strength.
- Give unto the LORD the glory due to His name; Worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- The voice of the LORD [is] over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The LORD [is] over many waters.
- The voice of the LORD [is] powerful; The voice of the LORD [is] full of majesty.
- The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars, Yes, the LORD splinters the cedars of Lebanon.
- He makes them also skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
- The voice of the LORD divides the flames of fire.
- The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness; The LORD shakes the Wilderness of Kadesh.
- The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth, And strips the forests bare; And in His temple everyone says, “Glory!”
- The LORD sat [enthroned] at the Flood, And the LORD sits as King forever.
- The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.
In Psalms, we see the power of God in diverse ways. From our text, we see that this divine power is usually manifest through a definite means: The voice of the Lord. In 5 verses (verse 4, verse 5, verse 7, verse 8 & verse 9), there are many dimensions of the work of the voice of the Lord: It is powerful, it is full of majesty, it breaks cedars, it divides the flames of fire, it shakes the wilderness, it makes animals to reproduce, it clears the forests, etc.
There is no limit to what the voice of the Lord can do in any given situation – it can perform any miracle. How do you engage the power of the word of God? You must “…worship Him in the beauty of holiness” (verse 2)and also believe Him according to His word to you. As you do that, you will discover that “…the voice of the Lord is powerful… and full of majesty” (verse 4). As you face the day in faith and holiness, may the voice of the Lord go ahead of you today!
PRAYER: Lord, let Your voice speak for me today.