The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 9 October 2020 – God Rewards The Good And The Wicked
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: God Rewards The Good And The Wicked
Read: Ecclesiastes 8:9-17 (NKJV)
- All this I have seen, and applied my heart to every work that is done under the sun: [There is] a time in which one man rules over another to his own hurt.
- Then I saw the wicked buried, who had come and gone from the place of holiness, and they were forgotten in the city where they had so done. This also [is] vanity.
- Because the sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
- Though a sinner does evil a hundred [times,] and his [days] are prolonged, yet I surely know that it will be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him.
- But it will not be well with the wicked; nor will he prolong [his] days, [which are] as a shadow, because he does not fear before God.
- There is a vanity which occurs on earth, that there are just [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the wicked; again, there are wicked [men] to whom it happens according to the work of the righteous. I said that this also [is] vanity.
- So I commended enjoyment, because a man has nothing better under the sun than to eat, drink, and be merry; for this will remain with him in his labor [all] the days of his life which God gives him under the sun.
- When I applied my heart to know wisdom and to see the business that is done on earth, even though one sees no sleep day or night,
- then I saw all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun. For though a man labors to discover [it,] yet he will not find [it;] moreover, though a wise [man] attempts to know [it,] he will not be able to find [it.]
God is a righteous judge who rewards everyone according to his deeds. The Psalmist says “Do not fret over evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity” (Psalm 37:1). We are advised not to pay attention to the end of the wicked but rather to concern ourselves daily with growth in our personal trust in God. It might seem like it takes a long period for the wicked to be punished, the truth is that what we think or see as long life of pleasure or riches of the wicked is a torture since anything outside of Christ is doomed.
Furthermore, we have the assurance of the comfort that comes to those who trust God (Isaiah 3:10). We might not have a complete understanding of the fact that the person who offended you went away justified and without blame, all you have to do is to focus on God. You must also bring your offenders to God, praying that they will come to the full knowledge and acceptance of our Lord Jesus Christ. Don’t occupy yourself with what the reward of the wicked will be, rather occupy your thoughts with the word of God and every work of righteousness according to the Holy Spirit.
PRAYER: Faithful God, I pray today for our brethren whom Satan has taken captive to do his wicked works to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and be saved. Amen.