NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 10 April 2021 – Telling The Resurrection Story
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Telling The Resurrection Story (Anglican Devotional 11 April 2021)
READ: Luke 24:1-12 (NKJV)
- Now on the first [day] of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain [other women] with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.
- But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb.
- Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
- And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments.
- Then, as they were afraid and bowed [their] faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead?
- “He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee,
- “saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’ “
- And they remembered His words.
- Then they returned from the tomb and told all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.
- It was Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary [the mother] of James, and the other [women] with them, who told these things to the apostles.
- And their words seemed to them like idle tales, and they did not believe them.
- But Peter arose and ran to the tomb; and stooping down, he saw the linen cloths lying by themselves; and he departed, marveling to himself at what had happened.
Mary Magdalene and several other women were the first to receive the news of the resurrection (verse 10). These same women had supported the ministry of Christ from their own resources all the way from Galilee (Matthew 27:55-56). They were the last brethren that left the crucifixion site, and the first at the empty tomb (Mark 15:47; verse 1). Being the first to know, they had the special privilege of being the first to tell the resurrection story! You too can tell the resurrection story from your own encounter with Christ and inspiration from the scriptures.
The disciples initially doubted the report of the women, but this prompted Peter to investigate the story (verses 11-12). In the same way, it was the report of the Samaritan woman in John 4:39-42 that brought many to Christ to hear for themselves. You may not be a wonderful preacher like Paul, but your personal testimony can be used by God to draw many to Christ. Tell the resurrection story today!
PRAYER: Oh God, let Your word dwell richly in me daily, that I may tell the resurrection story convincingly to people around me. Amen.