NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 14 December 2020: Covenant-Keeping God
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Covenant-Keeping God
Read: Exodus 6:1-13 (NKJV)
- Then the LORD said to Moses, “Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh. For with a strong hand he will let them go, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land.”
- And God spoke to Moses and said to him: “I [am] the LORD.
- “I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but [by] My name LORD I was not known to them.
- “I have also established My covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, in which they were strangers.
- “And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel whom the Egyptians keep in bondage, and I have remembered My covenant.
- “Therefore say to the children of Israel: ‘I [am] the LORD; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, I will rescue you from their bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.
- ‘I will take you as My people, and I will be your God. Then you shall know that I [am] the LORD your God who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians.
- ‘And I will bring you into the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you [as] a heritage: I [am] the LORD.’ “
- So Moses spoke thus to the children of Israel; but they did not heed Moses, because of anguish of spirit and cruel bondage.
- And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
- “Go in, tell Pharaoh king of Egypt to let the children of Israel go out of his land.”
- And Moses spoke before the LORD, saying, “The children of Israel have not heeded me. How then shall Pharaoh heed me, for I [am] of uncircumcised lips?”
- Then the LORD spoke to Moses and Aaron, and gave them a command for the children of Israel and for Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.
Today’s passage reveals God’s assurance of reaction against Pharaoh for maltreating the Israelites. In verse 1 God says “Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh…” God is poised to fight the battle of His people and to put the enemies to rout. You should not therefore be afraid. In the fullness of time, God will react on your behalf. No wonder David cried out in Psalm 68:1 “Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered…” Whenever your life or peace is threatened, do not panic. Call upon God and He will react on your behalf.
In verse 5, God said He had heard the groaning of His people Israel and had remembered His covenant. This shows us that God remembers His covenant and promises to His people. In all the changing scenes of your life, be assured that God will never forget His promises to you. In Psalm 89:34, God says“My covenant will I not break nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lip….”
When you are sick, remind God of His promise to heal you. When you ask, remind Him of His promise that you will receive; when you seek, remind God of His promise that you will find; when you knock, remind God of His promise that it will be opened to you. When you are in trouble remind God of His promise to deliver you. God has said He would never leave nor forsake you. Let these covenants restore your hope and increase your faith.
PRAYER: Pass me not,Oh gentle Saviour!