NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 15 March 2021 – The Power Of Prayer
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: The Power Of Prayer (Anglican Devotional 15 March 2021)
READ: Esther 5:1-8 (NKJV)
- Now it happened on the third day that Esther put on [her] royal [robes] and stood in the inner court of the king’s palace, across from the king’s house, while the king sat on his royal throne in the royal house, facing the entrance of the house.
- So it was, when the king saw Queen Esther standing in the court, [that] she found favor in his sight, and the king held out to Esther the golden scepter that [was] in his hand. Then Esther went near and touched the top of the scepter.
- And the king said to her, “What do you wish, Queen Esther? What [is] your request? It shall be given to you — up to half the kingdom!”
- So Esther answered, “If it pleases the king, let the king and Haman come today to the banquet that I have prepared for him.”
- Then the king said, “Bring Haman quickly, that he may do as Esther has said.” So the king and Haman went to the banquet that Esther had prepared.
- At the banquet of wine the king said to Esther, “What [is] your petition? It shall be granted you. What [is] your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!”
- Then Esther answered and said, “My petition and request [is this:]
- “If I have found favor in the sight of the king, and if it pleases the king to grant my petition and fulfill my request, then let the king and Haman come to the banquet which I will prepare for them, and tomorrow I will do as the king has said.”
In our text two days ago, Esther declared a praying and fasting for all Jews; she also fasted and prayed. We could imagine what the prayer point was: ‘God I am about to embark on a suicidal mission but with you, it shall be a favour mission.’ When she was done praying. she went to the king at an odd time, which could have cost her throne and life but God went before her. The king favoured her. The king asked her to request anything and it would be granted unto her. Esther then requested the king to attend a banquet she would prepare and that Haman attend too.
We have seen how fasting, prayer and a courageous decision turned a supposed suicide mission to a favour mission. There is no impossibility with God if only the righteous can engage in effective fervent prayers. What therefore is the Church doing in the face of Islamic hostility? What am I as a Christian doing as regards the dangerous insurgency that is feasting on fellow Christians? What have I done about other critical situations facing me? It is time to wake up to fasting and prayer, supported with courageous actions against the evil plans to annihilate Christianity in Nigeria, as well as all other challenges of life.
PRAYER: Grant unto me the heart to take risks for the Kingdom and the courage for positive actions, Oh Lord!