NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 19 January 2021 – Consecrate Yourself
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Consecrate Yourself
Read: Joshua 3:1-8 (NKJV)
- Then Joshua rose early in the morning; and they set out from Acacia Grove and came to the Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they crossed over.
- So it was, after three days, that the officers went through the camp;
- and they commanded the people, saying, “When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests, the Levites, bearing it, then you shall set out from your place and go after it.
- “Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure. Do not come near it, that you may know the way by which you must go, for you have not passed [this] way before.”
- And Joshua said to the people, “Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do wonders among you.”
- Then Joshua spoke to the priests, saying, “Take up the ark of the covenant and cross over before the people.” So they took up the ark of the covenant and went before the people.
- And the LORD said to Joshua, “This day I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, [so] I will be with you.
- “You shall command the priests who bear the ark of the covenant, saying, ‘When you have come to the edge of the water of the Jordan, you shall stand in the Jordan.’ “
This is a new year with new expectations and everyone will like to move from one stage of life to a better stage. As expected, many people will be seeking divine visitation this time in order to have fulfilled days ahead. The Israelites as we can observe, were in a progressive movement; they needed the presence of God to achieve success. Joshua therefore asked them to consecrate themselves (v.5). To consecrate means to purify or sanctify. Joshua did not tell them that God would consecrate them; they were to do the work themselves. In 2 Timothy 2:21, the scriptures say, “Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonourable, he will be a vessel for honourable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work. “There is a call for righteous living this year and henceforth. So purify yourself because there is battle ahead that must be won.
Take heed to your life this year follow God’s instructions as they are written in the scriptures. Aim at holy living; remove anything that will bring defilement. Fulfil your own part of the deal and God is always ready to fulfil His Don’t close the door to divine visitation in your life this year because of sinful engagements. Say No! to ungodly engagements and relationships.
PRAYER: Pray for the resolve to disengage from any appearance of evil.