NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 2 January 2021 – Fulfilled Expectation
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Fulfilled Expectation
Read: Luke 2:25-35 (NKJV)
- And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
- And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
- So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,
- he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
- “Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word;
- For my eyes have seen Your salvation
- Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
- A light to [bring] revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel.”
- And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him.
- Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, “Behold, this [Child] is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against
- “(yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”
In today’s reading, we see the righteous and devout Simeon so eagerly waiting for the Messiah to come to rescue Israel.
The Holy Spirit was upon him and revealed to him that he would not die until he had seen the Messiah spoken of by the prophets. From the case of Simeon, we learn that righteousness and true devotion to God draws us near to Him and gives us revelations. Simeon waited patiently and at the appointed time, the Holy Spirit led him to the temple at the time Jesus was presented to the Lord in the temple and he saw and touched the Messiah. Let us learn to patiently wait upon God for the performance of His promises. If we live righteously and serve God patiently with true devotion, He will reveal to us the solutions to the puzzles in our lives. He will also direct us as He directed Simeon as to time, place and circumstances of what He would want us to be and to do.
If you seek God with all your heart, He will reveal Himself to you as He revealed Jesus to Simeon. God, in His truth and faithfulness, did not disappoint Simeon. In the same vein, if you live a devout, righteous and patient life, God will lead you aright in all the circumstances of your life; and you will end your earthly journey well.
PRAYER: Dear Father, thank You for the entrance of Your Word into my heart. Help me to seek Your will all my heart, and to find You, in Jesus’Name. Amen.