NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 20 April 2021 – Do You Want Eternal Life?
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Do You Want Eternal Life? (Anglican Devotional 20 April 2021)
READ: John 10:22-30 (NKJV)
- Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter.
- And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch.
- Then the Jews surrounded Him and said to Him, “How long do You keep us in doubt? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.”
- Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father’s name, they bear witness of Me.
- “But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
- “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
- “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
- “My Father, who has given [them] to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch [them] out of My Father’s hand.
- “I and [My] Father are one.”
At the Jewish feast in Jerusalem, the Jews asked Jesus to tell them plainly if He was the Christ. He replied that He had answered that question before but was not believed but that His works done in the Name of His Father bore witness for Him. Their unbelief in Him showed that they did not belong to Him because His people hear Him, He knows them and they follow Him. Jesus gives eternal life, eternal security and eternal protection to His followers (verse 28). He also said that His Father is the greatest and none can snatch His followers from His Father’s hand and that He and His Father are one!
Jesus had earlier told the Jews who He was, yet, they came to ask the same question. Christ explained that their unbelief made them lose the blessings of eternal life, eternal security and eternal protection that He gives to believers. Are you a believer in Jesus? You may be a good Church-goer but that does not make you born again! Do you want eternal life, security and protection? Then come to Jesus, repent of your sins and receive Him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour. Do it today!
PRAYER: Help me, O God, to believe in You and receive Christ as Lord and Saviour! Amen.