NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 25 March 2021 – A Divine Visitation
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: A Divine Visitation (Anglican Devotional 25 March 2021)
READ: Luke 1:26-38 (NKJV)
- Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
- to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name [was] Mary.
- And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored [one,] the Lord [is] with you; blessed [are] you among women!”
- But when she saw [him,] she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was.
- Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
- “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
- “He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
- “And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”
- Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I do not know a man?”
- And the angel answered and said to her, “[The] Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.
- “Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this is now the sixth month for her who was called barren.
- “For with God nothing will be impossible.”
- Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.
Today, we remember the annunciation of the Lord to Virgin Mary. She was a young woman, a virgin like every other virgin in Israel, at that time. But God chose to use her as the mother of Jesus. The explanation of the divine choice of Mary was simple: Thou art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women” (verse 28).
When the Lord decides to favour us, we should know it is not because of any special thing we have done; it is God’s grace, so that man may be humble before the Lord. So, as we desire divine visitation and favour, we should also ask God to help us to be humble, because by strength shall no man prevail.
PRAYER: Lord, please visit me in a special way today in Jesus Name. Amen.: