NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 27 March 2021 – A Platform Of Change
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: A Platform Of Change (Anglican Devotional 27 March 2021)
READ: ESTHER 9:24-10:1-3 (NKJV)
- because Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the enemy of all the Jews, had plotted against the Jews to annihilate them, and had cast Pur (that [is,] the lot), to consume them and destroy them;
- but when [Esther] came before the king, he commanded by letter that this wicked plot which [Haman] had devised against the Jews should return on his own head, and that he and his sons should be hanged on the gallows.
- So they called these days Purim, after the name Pur. Therefore, because of all the words of this letter, what they had seen concerning this matter, and what had happened to them,
- the Jews established and imposed it upon themselves and their descendants and all who would join them, that without fail they should celebrate these two days every year, according to the written [instructions] and according to the [prescribed] time,
- [that] these days [should be] remembered and kept throughout every generation, every family, every province, and every city, that these days of Purim should not fail [to be observed] among the Jews, and [that] the memory of them should not perish among their descendants.
- Then Queen Esther, the daughter of Abihail, with Mordecai the Jew, wrote with full authority to confirm this second letter about Purim.
- And [Mordecai] sent letters to all the Jews, to the one hundred and twenty-seven provinces of the kingdom of Ahasuerus, [with] words of peace and truth,
- to confirm these days of Purim at their [appointed] time, as Mordecai the Jew and Queen Esther had prescribed for them, and as they had decreed for themselves and their descendants concerning matters of their fasting and lamenting.
- So the decree of Esther confirmed these matters of Purim, and it was written in the book.
- And King Ahasuerus imposed tribute on the land and [on] the islands of the sea.
In our passage today, we see that Esther and Mordecai were instrumental to the deliverance of the Jews and establishment of a natural day of victory as a memorial for divine deliverance of the Jews from the hands of their enemy. Esther was the Queen; Mordecai was a Prime Minister in the one Hundred and twenty- seven provinces of King Ahasuerus. In that kingdom, both Esther and Mordecai occupied their positions with a clear understanding of the purpose of God for raising them.
Sometimes, when we face trials, we tend to be faithful to God. but as soon as He elevates us, we get drowned in the glory of our prosperity. Esther and Mordecai were not like that. We should watch and pray that as God takes us from one level to the other. we do not miss the purpose of His elevating us.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, please help me to always follow You faithfully. Amen.