NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 7 February 2021 – Friends Indeed
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
Topic: Friends Indeed (Anglican Devotional 7 February 2021)
Read: Mark 2:1-12 (NKJV)
- And again He entered Capernaum after [some] days, and it was heard that He was in the house.
- Immediately many gathered together, so that there was no longer room to receive [them,] not even near the door. And He preached the word to them.
- Then they came to Him, bringing a paralytic who was carried by four [men.]
- And when they could not come near Him because of the crowd, they uncovered the roof where He was. So when they had broken through, they let down the bed on which the paralytic was lying.
- When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven you.”
- And some of the scribes were sitting there and reasoning in their hearts,
- “Why does this [Man] speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
- But immediately, when Jesus perceived in His spirit that they reasoned thus within themselves, He said to them, “Why do you reason about these things in your hearts?
- “Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘[Your] sins are forgiven you,’ or to say, ‘Arise, take up your bed and walk’?
- “But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins” — He said to the paralytic,
- “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
- Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw [anything] like this!”
Sexagesima is the second Sunday before Lent. In our story today, we see four men climbing the roof of a house where Jesus was ministering, remove the roof and bring in their paralytic friend into the house for Jesus to heal. The men took the risk of damaging someone’s roof for which they were liable. Also, the sick man could fall from their hands while they were climbing and this could have caused more problems to the man. Jesus first forgave the sick man his sin and later healed him. Jesus healed the man because of the faith and efforts of the four men. They took all these risks because of their friend who was in need. The sick man may not have known what they were doing for him. Again, he may not have been able to repay them. What an example of friendship!
Today, we have many fair weather friends who abandon their friends in their hours of need. Many hangers-on surround those in power, pretending to be their friends. Once they are out of power the same people desert them. What type of a friend are you to someone? Can you sacrifice for your friend like the men in our story or are you a friend only when the going is good? Make amends today if you are not a genuine and faithful friend. Jesus is the friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). Let us emulate Him today.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, may You make me a friend in need and a friend indeed.