Topic: Mouth Control [Open Heavens for Teens 26 September 2020]
Memorise: A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards. Proverbs 29:11
Bible Reading: Joshua 2:1-11
- And Joshua the son of Nun sent out of Shittim two men to spy secretly, saying, Go view the land, even Jericho. And they went, and came into an harlot’s house, named Rahab, and lodged there.
- And it was told the king of Jericho, saying, Behold, there came men in hither to night of the children of Israel to search out the country.
- And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying, Bring forth the men that are come to thee, which are entered into thine house: for they be come to search out all the country.
- And the woman took the two men, and hid them, and said thus, There came men unto me, but I wist not whence they were:
- And it came to pass about the time of shutting of the gate, when it was dark, that the men went out: whither the men went l wot not: pursue after them quickly; for ye shall overtake them.
- But she had brought them up to the roof of the house, and hid them with the stalks of flax, which she had laid in order upon the roof.
- And the men pursued after them the way to Jordan unto the fords; and as soon as they which pursued after them were gone out, they shut the gate.
- And before they were laid down, she came up unto them upon the roof;
- And she said unto the men, I know that the LORD hath given you the land, and that your terror is fallen upon us, and that all the inhabitants of the land faint because of you.
- For we have
- And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 7-9; Galatians 4:1-31
The king of Syria sent spies to get information on his enemy Elisha (2 Kings 6:13-14).
From this account, we can learn that the success of a spy is determined by what he hears, not what he sees. When Joshua sent spies to Jericho, they could see much, but they heard much more from Rahab. In other words, Rahab sold out her nation to Israel by the information she gave the spies.
People, particularly your enemies will not know your secret until you tell them. The Bible calls any fellow that uses his mouth to say things that will lead to his downfall a fool. It is foolishness to answer
“Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.”
Let your mouth work for you and not against you.
Hymn: Take My Life , And Let It Be
- Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
- Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
- Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
- Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
- Take my will and make it
Thine It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne.
- Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.