NgospelMedia.Net
NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning... 

Teen suffers severe burns after iPhone charger allegedly catches fire on bed

0 149







- Advertisement -


High-tech turned to high hell for a teenage girl whose iPhone charger allegedly burst into flames while in her bed, leaving her with severe facial burns. 

Amie Hall, 17, was nodding off early Thursday morning when she noticed a bright orange blaze radiating from her duvet. 

“So 2 a.m. this morning I was lying down as you do on my phone. Plugged in my charger and it set alight,” wrote Hall — who lives with her parents in Birmingham, England — on Facebook. 

“My bed cover/duvet set on fire and also caught my face. This isn’t even a cheap charger, it’s an Apple charger.”

According to Jam Press, Hall jumped out of bed, narrowly evading the flames. Despite her quick escape, she did suffer a nasty burn on her right cheek. 

Read More:  China planning new policies to take on aging population

“I ran out of my room and shouted [for] my mum, and luckily, she managed to put out the fire without the need to call the fire brigade,” Hall said in a statement. 

“The burn was very sore, but I know it could have been more serious. The flames just caught me as it burnt through my duvet.”

Advertisements


Hall is now advising others against charging their phones in bed overnight. 

“Please don’t go to bed and leave your phone charging overnight,” the teen warned on Facebook, captioning grisly images of the fire’s damage to her face and bedding. 

“If I was asleep, this could have been a lot worse and this could have set my whole family home up with all my family in,” she added. 

“Please be aware that this can happen to anyone and could be a lot worse. It’s dangerous. Please share.”

It’s unclear whether Hall’s charging system — reportedly consisting of an Apple cord and non-brand wall adapter — or faulty wiring in her family’s home may have caused the blaze. 

Read More:  Ivry Gitlis, a violinist who spanned genres, dies at 98

However, a spokeswoman for Apple released a statement in the wake of the incident, saying: “Apple takes customer safety very seriously, is in touch with the customer and looking into the matter.”

The company has also published tips on safe charging practices, noting that restoring a phone’s battery in poorly ventilated spaces or where moisture is present could create a fire hazard. 

Advertisements

Advertisements

- Advertisement -

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

- Advertisement -

- related posts -

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x




Send this to a friend