Open Heaven 3 February 2020 Monday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Let Your Moderation Be Known I
Topic: Let Your Moderation Be Known I (Open Heaven 3 February 2020)
Memorise: “Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.” – Philippians 4:5
Read: Deuteronomy 4:23-24 (KJV)
23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the LORD your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the LORD thy God hath forbidden thee.
24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
Bible in One Year: Exodus 13-15
Open Heaven 3 February 2020 Monday MESSAGE:
This generation is generally called the digital age because with a handheld device, you can connect with anyone in the world. This is actually very good but the concern is in such devices taking total control of you. These days, many are so preoccupied with their phones that they do not have time for God and what matters to Him. For some, the first thing they pick when they wake in the morning is the phone and not the Bible. Others can spend one hour on social media yet cannot spend same studying God’s word or praying. This shows that such hearts are more drawn to the phone than God. Don’t give the devil the liberty to rob you of God’s blessing.
Are you not already giving a phone the place of God? Have you observed that the position many take when using a phone is such that their heads are bowed? (Exodus 34:14). Exodus 20:2-3 says:
“2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
If you have to delete applications on your phone that you are addicted to, do so. If it will take you to place a Bible over your phone at night so when you reach out for the latter in the morning, it is the former you would pick instead, do so. Put measures in place to ensure you prioritize activities that will make you grow spiritually.
Many Christians now prefer electronic Bibles. However, with the Bible applications on the phones and tablets, there would be distractions from other applications on the device and the Spirit in the word of God cannot minister to a distracted mind. If you must use the electronic Bible, it would be best to go offline to cut off distractions from calls and messages. I play the audio Bible before I go to bed so that all night, God’s word is being read aloud in my room while I am sleeping. You can do so too.
Open Heaven 3 February 2020 Monday Reflection:
Which one takes more of your time daily, you Bible or social media? If it is the latter, repent and commit to amending your ways.
Hymn 2: All To Jesus I Surrender
1 All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2 All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3 All to Jesus I surrender,
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
4 All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
5 All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
RCCG FIFTY (5O) DAYS FASTING & PRAYER GUIDE FOR: MONDAY 3RD OF FEBRUARY, 2020
DAY 24: MINISTERS AND MISSIONARY. TEXT: 2 Cor. 11:26, Rom 15:24, Acts 13:1-28, Acts 14:1-20, Acts 15:36, Acts 18:22-23, Acts 21:16
A minister is a person authorized by the church to perform duties and a missionary is a person sent on a religious mission to promote Christianity in a foreign land or country.
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for the missionaries in RCCG, national and international fields
- Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for showing all the missionaries your mercy
- Father, we thank you for all your missionaries who left their families and countries to dangerous parts of the world to preach boldly the message of salvation to perishing souls, Mat 28:19-20, Mat 4:19
- Father in the name of Jesus, please protect all missionaries and families from the strong man in every mission field. Luke 11:22-23
- Father in the name of Jesus, make all missionaries to be righteous and bold. Prov 28:1
- Father in the name of Jesus, preserve all missionaries from evil attacks of the enemy. Psa 121:7
- Father in the name of Jesus, as many challenges and hardship faced by missionaries in the mission field make them to conquer all their challenges. Rom 8:37
- Father in the name of Jesus, the sacrifice made by missionaries leaving all to do your work may it not be in vain. Mark 10:29, Matt 19:29
- Father in the name of Jesus, put down all barriers standing against missionary work all over the world
- Father in the name of Jesus, give to the missionaries the keys to open physical and spiritual gates to take over the world for Christ. Rev 3:7-8, Psa 24:7-10
- Father, we thank you for urgent interventions with which you deliver your missionaries in times of persecution and peril, inJesus name. Acts 12:8
- Father give your church the heart of fervent and persistent prayer, in Jesus name. Acts 12:5