Open Heaven 9 November 2019 Saturday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – The Stubborn Fly
Topic: The Stubborn Fly (Open Heaven 9 November 2019)
Memorise: “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.” – Proverbs 29:1
Read: Exodus 14:5-13 (KJV)
5 And it was told the king of Egypt that the people fled: and the heart of Pharaoh and of his servants was turned against the people, and they said, Why have we done this, that we have let Israel go from serving us?
6 And he made ready his chariot, and took his people with him:
7 And he took six hundred chosen chariots, and all the chariots of Egypt, and captains over every one of them.
8 And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and he pursued after the children of Israel: and the children of Israel went out with an high hand.
9 But the Egyptians pursued after them, all the horses and chariots of Pharaoh, and his horsemen, and his army, and overtook them encamping by the sea, beside Pihahiroth, before Baalzephon.
10 And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the LORD.
11 And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt?
12 Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
13 And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye
Bible in One Year: Esther 8-10, Hosea 13-14
Open Heaven 9 November 2019 Saturday MESSAGE:
An adage from the Igbos in Eastern Nigeria says, “A stubborn fly follows the corpse into the grave.” This mirrors what the Holy Spirit is saying in today’s memory verse. Unfortunately, there are many people who behave like the proverbial stubborn fly; one example is Pharaoh in today’s Bible reading. After experiencing the power of God through the ten plagues, he still stubbornly decided to chase after the Israelites. Amazingly, he did not learn from the consequences of his stubborn attitude, which had cost him and all other Egyptians their firstborns (Exodus 12:29-30), he also witnessed an event that had never happened before- the parting of the Red Sea. This should have cautioned him against continuing on the path of destruction he was on. However, like the stubborn fly that followed the corpse into the grave, Pharaoh and his hosts went after the children of Israel and they got buried in the belly of
Beloved, you need to examine your relationship with God today to see if you are like the stubborn fly. Self-examination is a vital tool recommended by the Holy Spirit to prevent us from being buried with the dead corpse of sin and the world. He said in 2 Corinthians 13:5:
“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?”
Have you left your first love, like Demas, and still adamantly refusing to change in spite of the warnings of the Holy Spirit through His ministers and teachers of His word (2 Timothy 4:10)? The Lord is saying to you today in Revelation 2:5:
“Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.”
May the Lord give us hearing ears in Jesus’ Name.
Open Heaven 9 November 2019 Saturday Action Point:
Examine yourself to see where you are becoming lukewarm; repent and ask for the fire of the Holy Spirit to rekindle the love of God in your heart in such areas.
Scroll down for RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER POINTS
Open Heaven 9 November 2019 Saturday Hymn 12: Deeper, Deeper In The Love Of Jesus
1 Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
Oh, deeper yet, I pray,
And higher every day,
And wiser, blessed Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2 Deeper, deeper, blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3 Deeper, deeper! though it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4 Deeper, higher, every day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conqu’ror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
5 Deeper, deeper in the faith of Jesus,
Holy faith and true;
In His pow’r and soul exulting wisdom
Let me peace pursue.
RCCG 30 DAYS FASTING & PRAYER SATURDAY 9TH NOVEMBER
DAY 9: THE RCCG MISSIONS
Prayer for Church growth and 3×3 Auditorium
TEXT: Matthew 28:19-20; Mat 4:19, Luk 10:2
Therefore said he unto them, the harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
- Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me. Bless His Holy name. Psa 103: 1
- Thank God for a new day and for the salvation of your soul
- Let us bless the name of the Lord. Truly; it has been of the LORD’S mercies that we were not consumed, because his compassions has not failed us. Lam 3:22 Psa 34:1
- Father; we thank you that RCCG is set to experience an all round turn around miracles through the forth coming Holy Ghost Congress in the name of Jesus.
- Father; we thank you for taking RCCG from 44 parishes in Nigeria to over 200 countries all over the world in Jesus name.
- Father; every ungodly power that has penetrated to the position of authority in the church expose and expel them, in Jesus name. 2Cor 6:15
- Father; sow into our churches, ideas, knowledge, strategies, wisdom we need to experience a great turn around in Jesus name.
- Father; expose all forms of rebellion in your church hindering church growth in Jesus name.
- Father; raise end time ministers that will fulfill your mandate for church growth and a great turn around in Jesus name
- Father; expose every Jezebel spirits in your church working against the growth of the church, in Jesus name. Rev 2:20
- Father; call out and empower Nehemiahs of our time to build your church in Jesus name. Neh 2:20
- Father; give your church the heart of fervent and persistent prayer in Jesus name. 1 Thes 5:17
- Every power working against the finance of the church to limit growth and the completion of the 3 X 3 Auditorium project be frustrated in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 9 November 2019 Saturday Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC. Open Heaven 9 November 2019 Saturday Daily Devotional.