Topic: Attitude Determines Altitude [Open Heavens for Teens 16 October 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. Genesis 18:19
Bible Reading: Genesis 18:17-19
- And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
- Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
- For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hat spoken of him.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 59-16; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18
God called Abraham his friend in the Bible. That title is not easy to come by, Abraham worked for it. When God made a promise to Abraham that He would make him the father of nations, to humans, he had passed the age of child bearing.
He however, believed God and God eventually gave him Isaac. Isaac was a young lad when God requested that he should be sacrificed to Him. For someone whom God had promised that He would make the father of many nations, it would seem
If you are like doubting Thomas that has to see before you believe, you might not get certain blessings from God.
Your attitude towards God’s promises will determine its fulfilment.
HYMN: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away;
O let me from this day
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire.
- While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll, Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.