Topic: Holy Seal [Open Heavens for Teens 17 October 2020]
Click HERE for Previous Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
Memorise: And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. John 17:3
Bible Reading: John 17:1-5
- These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
- As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
- And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, an Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
- l have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
- And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 62-64; 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28
It is true that Jesus Christ came to offer abundant life to humans, but you have to be willing to accept Him. Only those who accepted Jesus can have abundant life. However, having eternal life does not stop at accepting Jesus, it requires more effort from the one who has accepted Jesus into his/her life. The fellow has to love Jesus and continue to do His will. Therefore, if you have accepted Jesus into your life, I congratulate you. But know that you have
”In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise,”
The Holy Spirit in the life of a person distincts him from others. In those days, when you meet a Christian, you will easily identify the fellow with Christ. But these days, things are so different. It’s the Holy Spirit that can help you live a godly life in the midst of ungodly people. You need the seal of the Holy Spirit to succeed as a Christian.
Holy Spirit, please fill me up now.
Hymn: Take My Life, And Let It Be
- Take my life and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
- Take my hands and let them move
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
- Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
- Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
- Take my will and make it
Thine It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own
It shall be Thy royal throne.
- Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.