NgospelMedia.net is The No. 1 International Urban Gospel Media Website, The Largest Repository of Your Favorite Gospel Entertainment Website, Worldwide, Nigeria. We Published Latest Nigerian and Foreign Gospel Music Downloads, Videos; Lyrics, Artiste Biography, Daily Devotionals. NgospelMedia is mainly a Christian Website, as the Domain Name Speaks; Gospel; Which is also tagged as a Gospel On-line Ministry for Souls Winning...
Five observations on college football as the season comes to a close on Monday night with Alabama vs. Ohio State in Miami.
- I think Steve Sarkisian could succeed at Texas. While the firing of Tom Herman was somewhat shocking, especially considering the Longhorns essentially said they were committed to him for next season after striking out on hiring Urban Meyer, this could work out extremely well. And to stomach Herman’s $15 million buyout, it certainly had better.
Given the reliance on recruiting and offense in college football, Sark is a natural fit. He will inherit a roster with some really nice young pieces, and don’t be shocked when Texas recruits exceptionally well over the next six months. It was a stunning move, but it feels like the right move.
- Let’s move around the state of Texas. The foundation is in place for Texas A&M to build on a successful year. (And not just because the Aggies pulled off a beautiful cover over North Carolina in the Orange Bowl). Jimbo Fisher is recruiting well, developing well and in a position to live up to his massive contract.
While betting against Alabama to win the SEC West always is a leap of faith, I’m eager to see what the futures look like in the division and perhaps even for the national championship. Depending on who declares, A&M might be worth a stab.
- I think Matt Corral, assuming he comes back next season, might be worth a shot to win the Heisman. Playing in Lane Kiffin’s offense at Ole Miss, Corral made enormous strides in 2020. He accounted for 33 touchdowns. He also threw 14 interceptions, although 11 came in two games. (Seriously.) Another offseason with Kiffin, who was just given a new contract, and he’ll have a chance to post enormous numbers in 2021. Whether Ole Miss can win enough games is another story, but Corral is a fun player and a potential star.
- What happens after college football’s season ends will be fascinating. Due to COVID-19, all players were granted an extra year of eligibility regardless of how many games they’d played. We already saw Miami quarterback D’Eriq King, whose season ended with a torn ACL, announce he would be back. If you’re going to partake in any futures, tracking these movements will be crucial. Between that and another recruiting class, this will be a curious year for roster management.
- Justin Fields’ performance against Clemson in the semifinal is one of the greatest I’ve seen. When you consider how much pain Ohio State’s quarterback looked to be in after a brutal hit to his right rib cage, it’s even more unbelievable. Six touchdowns. Six incompletions. I’m still in awe. What a moment.